God's Word:

God's Word:

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings

Followers

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

She's a preacher's kid alright....

So my little girl amazed me today. We are on our 3rd snow day and have been cooped up in our house since church on Sunday. Overall my kids have been great and I haven't heard "I'm bored" once. So today I gave Eden some old Christmas cards and told her she could write out some cards to her teachers, friends, etc. She decided she would write to her kindergarten teacher first. With no prompting from me, (I wish I could take credit....but the girl just came up with this on her own) she wrote and I quote, " I am loving school. Did you know Jesus is Christ?" She also has been wanting to give a cookie she decorated to our elderly neighbor, so she wrote out his card "We wanted to give you this cookie to remind you about Jesus' love!" (By the way, the cookie was heart shaped). I was pretty amazed at her innocence and her boldness all at the same time. I'm pretty ashamed to say that I do not think I have ever directly asked someone if they knew Jesus is the Christ, besides someone who gave the Great Confession to be baptized, but even then I already knew the answer because they willingly came forward to talk to me. Needless to say I am proud of her and shared that with her; the fact that she is focusing on the real meaning of Christmas and what it is all about at such a young age (Did I mention she was only 5 for those of you who have forgotten?) warms my spirit. It encourages me to think her dad and I are doing something right. I'm sure on Christmas morning, I will have to remind her while she is digging in her stocking and fighting to unwrap gifts first, but until then I will savor the moment of my daughter not being a "preacher's kid" and actually being the preacher!

2 comments:

  1. wow...made me tear up. She is pretty cool. We need to remember these times during the "melt down" times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure whether to be impressed or wonder what in the world we are doing wrong. When our PKs were that age they were floating 5000 dixie cups in the baptistry or pooping in the urinal!

    ReplyDelete