Happy Mother's Day to everyone! It has been a long time since I've posted. I have been pretty busy since getting to play around in the Caribbean. Friday was my last day teaching my students, and this week will be my last week of work. There are TONS of paper work to catch up on. I am very excited to not be going back to work and enjoying the summer with my three beautiful, funny, and smart kiddos. Which is why I'm posting today. Another friend made a post about Mother's Day and helped me think about all those women who do not look fondly on this day for one reason or another. I did take time to think of some of those women in my life. It also made me think how I for one should not take this day for granted. God has truly blessed me with my kids. I feel like Hannah when she prayed in 1 Samuel "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." I too struggled trying to have that first kid and it took a long time, so I just have to remind myself not to take this job for granted.
So today and yesterday were such great days. I chose my own mother's day gift which was a really cute running outfit. I'm positive it helped me run faster for my first ever 5K. (Hopefully you know I'm joking). But I felt cute and that was fun. I ran the 5K in 32:04, which involved a lot of walking. So in spite of my self, I think I'm going to sign up for another, because I am too competitive and think I can knock some time off of that time immediately. I just need to strengthen my legs---they were what gave up first, not my heart (the cardio part). It is kind of weird, because I was just positive it was going to be my first and last 5K. But it was a lot of fun after the fact and my running friends were very supportive and so encouraging. So.....Anyways it is appropriate to go ahead and combine the 5K and mother's day into the same post, since my gift had to do with running and us mothers have to run after our kids all year long, right?
Well on the acutal day of mother's day I got a break from running after my kids. So, since Chris is always gone very early on Sunday morning my kiddos gave me my card yesterday with their recorded voices and a coupon good for 1 breakfast in bed to be saved for next Saturday when I can sleep in a little and really use a good breakfast in bed. Eden has been dying to do this. She also made a flower with coupon petals for help around the house. It was very cute. Eli's sunday school class gave me a spoonful of kisses, but was upset when I wanted to actually eat the kisses and not give them to him. Tobe was just cute all day and is wanting to say so much. I had a lovely day today, worshiping the Lord, a wonderful lunch (with soda!) and then a GIANT nap. All in all I was spoiled. The last few days have been fun as a mama (and dada) because we are watching all three of our kids play together. It is fun watching them giggle and chase each other. They sometimes drive Chris and I crazy and the house is so loud, but the three of them are loud together. I love it. Thanks to my family and God for such a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment