God's Word:

God's Word:

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings

Followers

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Not the "middle child" for a day.




Well I think Chris and I finally did something right. :) We did not give in to the "middle child" syndrome---well at least for a day. Chris and I ran in our 3rd 5K this past Saturday. It was the Run to Read Race sponsored by the YMCA and the Missourian. So I thought it would be fun to sign up one of my kids. They had a "baby dash" for 5 year olds and younger. Thinking to myself, I haven't signed Eli up for any sort of sports yet, this might be fun to participate in. Well he did have fun. He loved getting a T-shirt like mommy and daddy. He really loved racing like "Flash Gordon" around the indoor track. And he really, really loved getting a medal for running. Little did I know that big sister would be jealous of her brother getting to run. It was tough trying to explain to Eden why I didn't sign her up, regardless of the fact that she was too old for that category and she would not have been able to run the 5K. She insisted on running the track afterwards all by herself and was pretty put out that Eli got a medal. I had to mention how she earned $16 in the fair and about a dozen ribbons for her art in the art exhibit. Eli could not participate. We mentioned several other things that she gets to do, that Eli does not get to do. SO....for the first recorded time (maybe we did this once before---but I didn't log it so I can't remember) Eli got to do something before his sister. It was a long day, and we had to give lots of extra love to Eden that day. But I loved our time with Eli that day. I guess we need to intentionally do this more often with each of our children---have some one-on-one time with all three of them. But until then we will relish in getting it right at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment