Yesterday was a bad day. Yesterday I accomplished nothing. I have been sick for two days w/ yucky tummy stuff. Before this I have been sick w/ an ear infection, sinus infection, and so much fluid behind my ear that I can hardly hear in my right ear. The sinus infection symptoms began about Aug. 8th. So honestly I feel like I haven't accomplished much in the last month b/w my illnesses & my kids (all 3 have had the same big D word) My husband is so great though...yesterday after I apologized for doing absolutely nothing, he asked me "Did you have to deal w/ a bunch of clean-up/dirty diapers?" I said "Yeah" and he lovingly said, "Then you've done something and I wouldn't have wanted to do that, and your sick." I felt so relieved to hear him say that. I feel so guilty at times when I don't have the energy to get all I want accomplished, or even meet some of my goals. For instance, I haven't wanted to run for this entire month as well, with the clogged ear & the heat. Last time I ran was beginning of July and then before then it had been a couple of months.
Then to add to the yuckiness, we had our fuel pump go out on Chris' car yesterday as well. So after feeling pretty discouraged, stressed, depressed, etc. for several weeks, today was a refreshing change. Today I was productive. Even in the midst of figuring out car issues, friends (church community) reached out and loaned us their vehicle for a bit. Such a blessing!
Other things I accomplished today:
*I was able to enjoy encouraging conversation w/ two friends in depth.
*I read several books w/ Tobe while holding him (haven't got to read w/ him for a while).
*I decluttered 2 cabinets & 1 closet!!!
*I shined my sink. :)
*I treated my kids to half-price slushies at Sonic during happy hour.
*I had to drop off hubby at work/pick up daughter from school/pick up hubby from work due to the fact we have one car until tomorrow.
*I ran 2 miles after having about a 2 month hiatus!(hence the 'Back in the saddle'---I pray I can be consitent w/ my training for a 10K in the fall.)
*Enjoyed dinner at the dinner table w/ my family.
*Prayed w/ my children.
*I even updated facebook off and on throughout the day and currently am posting to my blog. :) And all of this before 10 pm. I am still going to be in bed at a decent hour (Side Note: First day of my temporary job cleaning the post office starts bright and early at 5:30 am. I am never up that early!) So I would say overall, I really enjoyed today. I usually might accomplish maybe two of the above bullets and more often than not they are facebook and talking to friends. It feels good to be productive. I absolutely LOVE this motto of the Flylady (I read the Flight Plan's daily, but don't always follow them) but this motto is so encourging to me:
You are not behind! I don't want you to try to catch up; I just want you to jump in where we are. O.K.?--Flylady www.flylady.net
Oh and the most encouraging Word is God's: Lamentations 3:22-23 (ESV) “The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad that in the midst of so much you are able to get things going! Such a great feeling when you see that many things are accomplished in a day. As moms we are always doing something even if it doesn't feel like it. There are many days that if my kids are fed, have clean diapers, and I have said "I love you" to them; then I am doing good! ;)
ReplyDeleteI love the scripture verse. I will have to keep that one in mind more often.
you are the best babe! I love you and hope today is a good one too.
ReplyDelete