Congratulations to the winner of the Thankful Blocks from Blessings Unlimited:
HEATHER KRIETE!
I should also take this time to thank Heather (credit Heather) for the design of our Run 2 Love 4 Love T-shirts. She has been a huge help in putting on our race both years, along with some very other special friends. Actually, Cassie Kriete & Melissa Gerdel are the two that pushed us to put on the race again and the three above ladies have to commit to putting it on with me each and every year. :) I shared how successful the 2nd Annual race was HERE. Besides the amazing ladies above I would like to give thanks to Andrew, Chris & Tayra, Gussie, Sally & Dennis, Sandy, Pam, Leslie, Dave Armstrong, Andy & Ashley Adrian, Bob & Christine
I am just so grateful for sisters. Not official blood relation sisters (although I have one and I love her to pieces).....but "In Christ" sisters. Those that push you to be better, those that encourage you when you are throwing yourself a pity-party, those that mentor you along the way. Some are little sisters, some are big sisters, others may be twins (Cassie). Some our little "big" sisters, meaning they are younger than me, but their wisdom is far better than mine and I am challenged by them quite often (Missy & Christina).
So I have been so blessed to have so many sisters in my life and I want to give a shout out to some of them right now: Christy, Heidi, Shanna, Melissa, Stephanie, Jen, Rachael, Sally, Evelyn, Dana, and Jessica (Along with the 4 above that I love!)
That is just the beginning of my list of In-Christ sisters that I have. Especially where I am right now, I have tons of sisters that encourage me and hopefully I encourage them. I am hoping and praying that this upcoming year will be a year of growth, risk taking, and truly helping our fellow sister because WE ALL NEED ENCOURAGEMENT!!!
Below is the blog I read that pushed me to write this "thank you" if you will. I read it and got fired up about how we are suppose to treat each other, and let each other in our real lives and struggles, and be big sisters to little sisters AND for those of us who seem to be big sisters to admit we need big sisters too!!! Please read it and be encouraged (although I do not believe you will get through the 2,002 responses on this particular blog post---talk about hitting a nerve on a needed subject area). If nothing else you will either thank God for the different blessings you have and that your life is not as hard as it may appear OR you will be so grateful that you are not alone with the struggles you have.
http://blog.lproof.org/2012/07/big-sisters-and-little-sisters.html
P.S. I read Psalm 25. It is good. Real good. I have accepted the challenge to memorize it. I have only 5 verses down (needing bigger nudges to do this in a timely fashion).......Who is with me?
![]() |
| Me, Cass, & Miss sporting Heather's shirt design at the race this year. |
I am just so grateful for sisters. Not official blood relation sisters (although I have one and I love her to pieces).....but "In Christ" sisters. Those that push you to be better, those that encourage you when you are throwing yourself a pity-party, those that mentor you along the way. Some are little sisters, some are big sisters, others may be twins (Cassie). Some our little "big" sisters, meaning they are younger than me, but their wisdom is far better than mine and I am challenged by them quite often (Missy & Christina).
So I have been so blessed to have so many sisters in my life and I want to give a shout out to some of them right now: Christy, Heidi, Shanna, Melissa, Stephanie, Jen, Rachael, Sally, Evelyn, Dana, and Jessica (Along with the 4 above that I love!)
That is just the beginning of my list of In-Christ sisters that I have. Especially where I am right now, I have tons of sisters that encourage me and hopefully I encourage them. I am hoping and praying that this upcoming year will be a year of growth, risk taking, and truly helping our fellow sister because WE ALL NEED ENCOURAGEMENT!!!
Below is the blog I read that pushed me to write this "thank you" if you will. I read it and got fired up about how we are suppose to treat each other, and let each other in our real lives and struggles, and be big sisters to little sisters AND for those of us who seem to be big sisters to admit we need big sisters too!!! Please read it and be encouraged (although I do not believe you will get through the 2,002 responses on this particular blog post---talk about hitting a nerve on a needed subject area). If nothing else you will either thank God for the different blessings you have and that your life is not as hard as it may appear OR you will be so grateful that you are not alone with the struggles you have.
http://blog.lproof.org/2012/07/big-sisters-and-little-sisters.html
P.S. I read Psalm 25. It is good. Real good. I have accepted the challenge to memorize it. I have only 5 verses down (needing bigger nudges to do this in a timely fashion).......Who is with me?

No comments:
Post a Comment