{Nothing like a 2 year sabbatical on the blog front.
Let's ignore that fact and just jump right into what I'm reflecting on today.}
My pastor said a lot of good stuff in his sermon today that I may write about later. However, he was just talking about our Thanksgiving feasts and how they do not begin to compare to the Table (Lord's Supper) we share in every Sunday. This made me think if I had no feast, no house, no job, no other blessing given to me here on Earth that I still have everything to be thankful for....That being my Savior. I have heard Chris say this sentiment many times before (that If Christ did nothing else for us, we still owe him everything).
So I wrote this poem this afternoon after continuing to reflect on that truth.
Christ: Heart & Soul
Immanuel, Thank you for your body.
That left perfect for the imperfect.
That left all that is good for what is often evil.
That left your position of King to come down to be servant.
That left exaltation to become humbled.
That said “Thy will be done.”
That willingly died to give me life.
Thank you for your heart that died for me.
Messiah, Thank you for your blood.
That is pure and good.
That provides mercy and forgiveness.
That gives peace and righteousness.
That shares love and grace.
That seeks those who are lost.
That redeems and offers a rich inheritance.
Thank you for your soul that bled for me.
Amber Strickland
11-20-2016
No comments:
Post a Comment