Tuesday, February 10, 2009
The Luckiest Girl in the World
So today during our MOPS meeting, we had a husband panel to share some secrets of marriage and get some guys perspective on some items that can often cause tension in a marriage. Well overall it went great. All of the husbands were great and very vulnerable to speaking to a whole room of ladies...however, my hubby was on the panel as well and anyways........I totally take Chris for granted. I am so lucky to be his wife. He is not your stereotypical man (OK---he does still leave his socks and clothes in the middle of the floor), he is quite the opposite. One of the more lighthearted questions was: "What is the one housekeeping task that you have not admitted to your wife that you would actually not mind doing if she could not?" Chris really could not answer this question. Why? Because there is not a housekeeping task he hasn't done. OK, he is not great at cleaning the bathroom and he HATES doing laundry, but he daily cleans dishes, cooks, sweeps, mops, vacuums, still takes out the trash, grills, mows the lawn, etc. In other words, he does the "normal" guy things and a lot of what would be normally the "woman's" thing. He also feeds our kids, changes as many diapers as I do, and puts gas in my car. It kind of makes you wonder what I do, doesn't it? I feel like I am always doing stuff or trying to force naps during the day that by evening it wears me out. Chris is a wonderful partner, I couldn't ask for more. So if your man is anything like mine, please don't take him for granted. I have already done it enough for all of us.
Labels:
Family life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks babe. I love and adore you. Can't wait for vacation!!! I do love you...you can believe me...no need to google for the truth. :)
ReplyDelete