God's Word:

God's Word:

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings

Followers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Which came first?

Because of You, God

Because of You
I have life.
I am a princess and part
of the bride of Christ.

Because of You
I have a song.
You gave me a Godly man
whose love is strong.

Because of You
I am warmed.
You gave me Delight,
my lucky charm.

Because of You
I can smile.
You gave me my Sunshine,
whose joy lasts for miles.

Because of You
I am amazed.
You gave me my sweet Valentine
to cherish and raise.

Because of You
I am blessed:
-with life,
-with song,
-with happiness.


I am not much of a poet, however, this came to me the other night at 1 am when I was up with sick kids and then laying wide awake (anyone ever experince that?) So I got up and penned this poem. At the time, I was trying to find some inspiration for a tatoo that I plan on getting in the near future, but could not decide what I wanted to do. So I don't even know if the tatoo or the poem came first, kind of like the chicken and the egg. But here is the result, this poem is sort of a testimonial to the blessings God has given me. So I plan on getting an ankle charm bracelet and each charm will mean something significant: a small tiara showing that I am a daughter of the King of Kings (i.e. princess), a cross explaining what Jesus did for me which allows me to be part of his bride and join him in heaven some day, a treble clef which represents Chris "my song", a shamrock because Eden was born on St. Patrick's Day "my luck charm", a sunshine because Eli was born in the heat of the summer and his favorite lullaby is "You are my Sunshine", and a heart because Tobe came a little earlier than his Feb. 14th due date so he's my favorite Valentine. So now I am really excited and passionate about my future tatoo and believe that this passion will hopefully diminish some of the pain. Wishful thinking, right? Anyways, God's blessings are good.

1 comment:

  1. That is so great! Thanks for inviting me to your blog! Your family is precious! And, by the way, that first date with JT was at the movies on Rangeline. :)

    ReplyDelete