God's Word:

God's Word:

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings

Followers

Sunday, July 18, 2010

So Spongebob isn't ALL bad......

So I don't necessarily want to start a debate about the evils or values that come from Spongebob Squarepants. But I do want to share a lovely story that warmed my heart all day and Spongebob is somewhat involved. There is a song that Spongebob & Patrick sing together on a particular episode---the lyrics are "Best Friends For--ev-----er" (Can you hear my best Spongebob voice?) Well, on Friday I took the kids to Tot Time at the City Pool. It is super cheap swimming in our town, and usually pretty crowded. It has a lazy river and a small water slide. Last time we went Eden met up with a classmate and was attached at the hip with her the entire time. Well this time it was less crowded and neither Eden or Eli had a playmate that they knew at the pool. The entire way to the pool they were singing Spongebob's song and excitedly sharing what they were going to do together at the pool as "Best Friends Forever". And this time....they did it. It was SO fun to watch the two of them play together. They come up to me together, hand in hand, laughing and Eden even said, "We are having the best time." Side note: I asked Eli if they were doing the river, slide, river, slide? And he quickly responded, "No mom, we are doing river, river, slide, slide." lol.
The kids usually get along pretty well. And of course they have played together before, but as their interests have gone different directions due to being boy/girl, and Eden already being in elementary school I wasn't so sure how many days like this I would get to see. It was such a joy to watch them thoroughly enjoy hanging out together. If I ever figure out how to get pics from my phone to my computer, I'll post one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment