Friday, July 9, 2010
My New Favorite Person in History
Our family recently enjoyed a "mini" vacation. Really we spent the 4th of July Holiday with my parents where we watched some home fireworks (the kids enjoyed doing some of their own firecrackers), rested & roasted marshmallows, & attempted to fish (again the kids enjoyed playing w/ the minnow bait more than the actual fishing), and on Wednesday we decided to be tourists. We headed a few miles west of Carthage to George Washington Carver National Park & Monument. Besides the fact that Tobe was not quite old enough to enjoy it, it seems that the rest of us thoroghly enjoyed it. Eli loved the nature trail and Eden became a Junior Park Ranger (which was hard work) & even had to take an oath to protect our national parks. There was also a lot of other interactive things to do in the museum. I had been to this park when I was maybe in the 5th grade. But it was nothing that I remember. It has been so well preserved. Chris also enjoyed the trail walk & took some "nature" photos. I loved reading the quotes from GWC that they had all over the museum and some carved in marble along the trail. It is amazing how humble of a man GWC really was. What he could have gotten for his talent & skills and what he got are on opposite sides of the spectrum. This man leaned on his faith at all times. GWC is a prime example that science & faith can mesh together and proves that they are intertwined quite nicely, I am sure as God intended for them to be.
Labels:
vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment