
SO.....again it has been an embarrassingly long time since writing. So I am catching up a few months. Since I talked about how proud I am of Eden accepting Christ, I will now tell you how proud I am to be called Chris' wife.
First off, in April, Chris & I ran our first marathon relay. Chris started the relay and ran 6 miles, our friends Andrew & Missy each ran 7 miles, and I ran the final leg of 6 miles. It totaled a full-marathon. It is the first time we had ran that distance. Chris ran the entire way. I was actually jealous of the progress he has made. It is a definate love/hate thing. I love that he is beginning to love running. I love that he is motivated to change his lifestyle. I love that he is committed and determined to see changes, even if they are slow changes. I hate that soon he will be beating my time. :) I hate that he wants to run a half-marathon, because of my competitive spirit, I think I have to follow. :) Chris due to his exercise and a few changes in our eating habits (there is still MAJOR room for improvement) has already lost a total of 44 pounds!!! I am so proud of him. Even though I am discouraged about my own lack of weight loss, I am so very proud of Chris and his hard work.
So speaking of his hard work, Chris & I celebrated being here in Washington, MO at FCC for 5 years on June 1st. It is the longest ministry we have been a part of. The house we have been in for 4 years is the longest stay at any house since Chris & I have been married (11 years). It seems like it has flown by. It doesn't seem like 5 years because we enjoy it so much. We appreciate our church's leadership and staff. We love the town of Washington. We love our friends & the ministries we are involved in. We love the school district. We love that we are near the city & the Cardinals. I am so proud of my husband's work ethic and integrity that allows security for our family. I am so proud that Chris does not give reasons for being terminated or "let go". That sounds harsh, but I am truly grateful because of his humble spirit, spiritual gifts & natural talent,listening ear and how hard he works. I know he is taking care of me & our beautiful children. I am proud to be called Chris Strickland's wife.
No comments:
Post a Comment