God's Word:

God's Word:

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings

Followers

Friday, June 4, 2010

uh....I am still alive....part 1 (proud mama)


Well it is a little embarrassing to see how I've neglected my blog. I know it probably doesn't matter so much to the tons of readers out there (LOL). :) But there have been a few major things happen, that I would want my kids to know I noted on. By far the most exciting thing to happen is on April 18th our daughter Eden accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord & Savior and was baptized. Chris & I wrestled for a while about it, thinking is she too young and so forth. But she proved to us time and time again, she knew what she was doing. Having been her children's church teacher for the past year, I do know she has a little more maturity and knowledge than the average 7 year old. Plus her dad was baptized at age 9, I was baptized at age 11 and that is without having been to church since being 6 days old. Eden has been surrounded by church her whole life--many times 3x a week or more. One of the things that was suggested to me, was to write down some of her own words so that later I can tell Eden this is what she said to me. This was her decision, not that of her parents. So I did just that. In our mommy/daughter journal I asked her to remind me the reason she wanted to get baptized. She responded with "The Top 5 Reasons I want to be baptized..." and went on with her reasons which were all valid. I am so grateful that she made this decision. It makes me think Chris & I are doing something right. Now as long as we continue to help her/train her/guide her to stay on the wonderful path she is on---all will be good.

I will leave it to that and attempt to catch up on the lives of my boys (including Chris) a wee bit later. I hope not to neglect my blog again. If I do....someone slap me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment