God's Word:

God's Word:

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings

Followers

Monday, March 26, 2012

Ample Dandelions

On my 6 mile run in beautiful weather Saturday, I penned this poem. Actually I had to write it in my head, and remember it till I got home and it was a long 6 miles. :) But right when I began my run, inspiration struck when I overheard a mother tell her toddler who wanted a specific dandelion, "there are ample dandelions".
Ample Dandelions

There are ample dandelions
to wish on, collect, and see--
Yet is there ample faith and trust
between You and me?

You've granted me everything I need
and plenty of wants along the way--
Yet when I don't always get what I seek
I waiver in my ways.

Because of what you've done for me,
You are worthy of each day's praise
and if I never recieve another blessing,
may my hands still be raised.

Help me be content, dear Lord
and try to grow like you more and more--
and see that there are ample dandelions
and that you are faithful forevermore.

1 comment: