God's Word:

God's Word:

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings

Followers

Thursday, June 7, 2012

11 months & His timing.......(oh and a giveaway)

****This is just one of the newly Vintage Inspired Pendants a lucky blog followe can win.  Details below. ******

Today marks 11 months on the waiting list.  I never thought we would get to this point---besides those that have been/or had been waiting on siblings, most people in the last 2 years had not waited over 10 months with an average of a 6-7 month wait.  But none the less we sit here, I will not lie to you I have been tempted to jump ship and adopt within a different country or a different agency, but our love for Ethiopia has grown in the last year and half and we feel like we bathed the agency decision in prayer as well.  We are not quitting!  PTL there was a referral yesterday (first one in 3+ months).  It was for an older child (8 years) and went to a friend that has been waiting 10 months---so all that to say at this point our number has stayed the same---#38.  Then a friend who has been waiting a month longer than I, posted this yesterday and I felt like it was a good depiction of some of my current feelings. 

God is Working on Your Behalf By Samantha Reed

"Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him." Isaiah 64:4 (NIV)

An ultimatum from my boss left me no choice but to head into unemployment. I'll never forget the day she asked me to lead an initiative that went against God's Word.

Staying at my job would deny my faith. Leaving would challenge it. Fears clamored. If I quit, I'd be broke. I had no husband, no savings, no additional source of provision.

Day after day I pleaded with God to intervene, to change my boss's mind. But it didn't happen.

She made her decision, which solidified mine: I turned in my two weeks notice.

That was my first step into my journey of joblessness. My mind raced with fears: would I be able to pay rent, find a new job, hold onto hope? Day by day, my financial, spiritual and emotional accounts were depleted. I couldn't see beyond my raw emotions and dreary situation.

God nudged me to send my resume to a ministry. A place I knew rarely hired. Somewhere I didn't know if my gifts could even be used. I doubted they'd accept my application, and pushed aside the thought to apply.

If only I had lifted my eyes away from the despair, I might have realized God was working on my behalf, much like He did for Naomi in the book of Ruth.

You see, at the same time soil churned, seeds nestled underground, and crops waved in the wind, Naomi needed God to intervene. She lamented to her widowed daughters-in-law, Orpah and Ruth:

"Even if I thought there was still hope for me—even if I had a husband tonight and then gave birth to sons— would you wait until they grew up?" (Ruth 1:12b-13a NIV)

Perceived destitution left her feeling desperate. Can you feel it in this widow's words?

Then Naomi told them, "'Return home, my daughters. Why would you come with me?'" (vs. 11a)

It would take time for Naomi to look beyond her dire circumstances and see the divine intervention waiting on her. God had plans of redemption that involved Ruth, the very person Naomi tried to push away. Yet she was so engulfed by her emotions and circumstances, she couldn't fathom how God might provide.

"Call me not Naomi [pleasant]; call me Mara [bitter], for the Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me." (vs. 20b AMP)

Perhaps your current situation is bitter and dismal. Maybe your journey has been long. You can't see how God is working things out. You don't have the energy to apply for one more job, so you turn down the lead a friend sends you. Your marriage is on the verge of collapse anyhow, so you opt to cancel your counseling appointment. Life in general is bleak, so you withdraw rather than join your sister for dinner.

If you are weary; if the road is too difficult; if you feel destitute financially, emotionally, spiritually; don't miss this—

"So Naomi returned from Moab accompanied by Ruth the Moabite, her daughter-in-law, arriving in Bethlehem as the barley harvest was beginning." (vs. 22 NIV, emphasis added)

Naomi's journey was hard and long. Yet her first step began at the same time soil churned, seeds nestled underground, crops waved in the wind. And when she arrived at her place of redemption, the harvest was beginning; a harvest that was gleaned by Ruth, the very one she had pushed away.

It was in that field that Ruth caught Boaz's attention. Boaz, who was Naomi's kinsmen redeemer, unceremoniously provided above and beyond for both women for the rest of their lives.

Well before I turned in my two weeks notice, the Lord was tilling the heart of my would-be new employer to hire an assistant. He faithfully watered that seed as I was searching for a job. And a new position was created shortly after I applied.

Looking back now, I wish I had chosen to believe and looked expectantly for His faithfulness instead of torturing myself with worry and fear.

Though unseen, God is divinely intervening. If you are walking in what feels like a desperate and destitute place, might I encourage you? Look to the Lord instead of your circumstances today. He's working on your behalf.

Dear Lord, You are faithful. Please direct my thoughts and my steps. Take what doesn't belong—fear, doubt, unbelief—and replace them with hope, trust and joy as I focus on You instead of my circumstances. Thank You for working on my behalf. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


I cannot wait till I hear what my "looking back now" story will be.

THE GIVEAWAY:  You will win ONE vintage inspired necklace from The Adopt Shoppe.

(The custom name necklaces with children/grandchildren is NOT part of the giveaway.  I just wanted to share some of the awesome stuff Kate does over at The Adopt Shoppe.  She is also a fellow adoptive mom, so any support her way goes to bring home her child from Taiwan!)  WIN-WIN!

Up to 5 Entries: 
1) Do you have a "looking back now" moment?  Leave a comment about it.
2) Browse the Vintage Album HERE on facebook and leave a SEPARATE comment about which one you would choose should you win.
3) Like The Adopt Shoppe on Facebook and leave a SEPARATE message saying you did so.
4)  Become a follower of my blog and leave a SEPARATE message saying you did so.
5) Share my blog/giveaway on your own facebook wall and leave a SEPARATE comment saying you did so.
BE STILL necklace
Isn't this just gorgeous????
GIVEAWAY WILL END FRIDAY NIGHT (JUNE 15TH).

CUSTOM Children Grandchildren Pendant
Not part of the giveaway, just showing off some awesome stuff.


Keep Praying! 

      

41 comments:

  1. When we first started our adoption process, we sat and sat and sat on a waiting list to be able to adopt from Taiwan. That wait with no end in sight was so difficult, but looking back, I now see that God had our sweet Ethiopian babe in our future. He orchestrated that six months of waiting so that we could start our process at the perfect time {the same month our son was conceived} to receive the referral for our boy. I also believe that time helped to shape and mold us into the people we are today...that although waiting is excrutiating, it serves a purpose and builds character. I believe people have watched our process with all its bumps and bruises to see how we will react to the challenges. I just pray that we have brought glory to God throughout the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would either chose the "Faith in His timing" one or the LOVE from US to Africa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Adopt Shoppe on FB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would choose the "be still" because there are so many times that i need to remember to be still and rest in Him!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I "liked" the Adopt Shoppe on FB

    ReplyDelete
  6. i follow your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. My biggest looking back moment was probably the timing of our second child Cameron. We were trying to have a baby and it just wasn't happening, then we found out that Gary was leaving for Iraq and not being pregnant became a good thing. But wouldn't you know it in the couple of months that we had together before Gary shipped out I got pregnant...when we were not trying. I was so scared and worried. I didn't want to go through 9 months of pregnancy without my husband by my side and Addison to take care of alone. But God's timing is perfect and He knew that I would struggle with depression while Gary was in Iraq. With the knowledge of my pregnancy and my sweet baby growing inside of me I had to make good choices and keep myself healthy! THank you Jesus for the gift of my children in your perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. shared on my FB

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just realized that I am commenting on fb and I'm suppose to comment on here LOL.
    I like's the Adopt Shoppe's page

    ReplyDelete
  10. and I shared this on my fb wall

    ReplyDelete
  11. and I would like the Jer 29:11 necklace

    ReplyDelete
  12. My most recent "looking back" moment would be when I was laid off (with 18 other people) from my job of 11 years...I thought I would be there forever! I was doing ministry...God allowed me to help hurting people...to counsel. I didn't have a degree and KNEW no one else would hire me; but God had different plans. Someone anonymously paid for my classes and I got certified to counsel...I was blessed with a counseling job that I love...and best of all I have the privilege to serve an awesome, faithful God whose timing is always perfect even when I can't see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I "liked" The Adopt Shoppe on FB :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I became a follower of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shared it on my FB!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would choose the "Be still" or "Faith in God includes faith in his timing"

    ReplyDelete
  17. My "looking back" was a few years ago. After years of struggling with infertility and multiple miscarriages we decided to do IVF.It is the hardest thing I have ever done, emotionally, physically, financially, and mentally. We were devastated when it was not successful. We decided to take some time off and enjoy the holidays with our family. Much to our shock, we were pregnant the next month.
    As time goes on, I feel myself coming out of the fog we were in. I am a different person now, and I am grateful for my precious son for helping to heal my heart after so many losses.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would choose JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy to share your blog/giveaway on my FB wall:)

    Also, I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Liked the Adopt Shoppe on FB

    ReplyDelete
  21. Would pick the "break my heart for what breaks yours" necklace

    ReplyDelete
  22. My looking back moment would have to be nursing school. I had some horrific experiences but because of what I learned and some of the experiences I was prepared for Ryan's hospitalization and later Carter's. I thank God that I had the bad experiences so I could be calm and confidently care for my husband and son.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My looking back moment would be when I chose to purchase a Stroller Strides franchise. While it was a great experience, it was hard on my family to be a full time SAHM and run a business all on my own. I sometimes still regret the time I missed with Andrew during his 2nd and 3rd year because of it. But I also realize that out of it I truly found a passion for helping others get fit and I still have 2 close friends who I met at Stroller Strides and still see regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am a follower on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like the Phil. 4:8 necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have lots of looking back moments. :) I would say my era currying one would be every time my brain tumor comes back, knowing that God will get me through it and I will learn a powerful lesson through the struggles I face with it. It is still hard every time. But something is always learned and my relationship grows deeper each time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Liked adopt shop on fb

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tough call... But I would probably choose " anything good you see in me is because of Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would choose the Faith...is in God's timing

    ReplyDelete
  30. I liked Adopt Shop on FB

    ReplyDelete
  31. My most recent "looking back" moment was the wait of almost 5 years for our sweet Julie. There were so many times we thought about giving up, but God would always place a small encouragement and we would continue to wait. I can't imagine life without her and realize God was also using that time to let our hearts change even more, so that we would consider adopting again. Now we wait again, but with much more peace this time. We continue to pray for you during your wait.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I liked adopt shop on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  33. I shared you on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am following your blog

    ReplyDelete