So.....I am on a contest/giveaway kick, therefore you are seeing an increase in the number of blog entries these days. :) I am excited to cash in on my free Christmas cards at shutterfly. That was like a $50 gift card for writing a few words about some beautiful cards. With that said, my friend Jennifer is having a giveaway at her blog Team Chase: 4 and Counting and I SOOOOOO want to enter it. She is giving away letter art from someone who donated it to her. I first saw some of this letter art at a Hearts-at-Home convention[side note: Hearts-at-Home is such an amazing weekend for moms of all seasons; working and stay at home moms---I highly recommend you check it out as well, I always leave encouraged]. It intrigued me right off the bat. Such beautiful photography and if you follow the link to the letter art donor, you will see her prices are A LOT lower than most doing this same art.
So....a little about my friend Jennifer. She and I met during our college years. We both worked at the Target (when it was brand spanking new) in Joplin, MO. We both were such responsible teens, that they put us in charge of the front lanes from time to time. We both have such an amazing work ethic, that on one particular work day, I had to clean up vomit, while Jen had to clean up poop. I am not even lying....Target can be a rough place. Joking aside, Jennifer is an amazing friend, a lovely lady of God, and I enjoyed my job because of her. She even helped throw me a bridal shower at work, because she is so kind. There aren't that many people that are younger than me that I totally look up to, but Jennifer is one of them. That is why I will go to all lengths to share about her latest journey: adopting a sibling group from Ethiopia. She is already a mom, but felt the call to adopt and she & her wonderful hubby, Trevor, are following that lead. They are taking James 1:27 literally and I am very excited about that for them as well as others answering that call. If you can't specifically answer the call to adopt, would you consider praying for them on this journey? or supporting them by looking at their fundraisers and buying gifts from sponsors that are donating some of their proceeds to their adoption? You know the old saying "Any friend of ________________, is a friend of mine."? Well turn that around and think of it this way, "Jennifer is a friend of mine, therefore (in Christ) she is a friend (& sister) of YOURS." Love you all for listening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are SO Sweet!! I love how God has reconnected us. :) Thanks for bringing me back to the good ole days of bodily function clean-up...oh, how I miss them! HA!! Love you, friend!
ReplyDelete