Happy New Year!!!! This morning while sleeping in after New Year's Eve festivities, my daughter ran into my bedroom telling me about Joy FM (our local Christian radio)and their New Year's Revolution challenge. She said "we are to think of something that we can do that will please God." Eden (7 years old)is so passionate about listening to Joy FM and I LOVE it!!!Well we in the Strickland household have already been thinking about that for months (some of us for years) now. A Revolution can be defined in many different ways....one being a drastic change. Well as of today, Chris & I with the excitement of our 3 kids have started the journey of adopting a little girl from Ehtiopia. We are sending off our application bright and early Monday morning (not realizing the post office wasn't open today--lol). This will be a long process, an expensive process, but also a FAITH filled process for us. We are excited about helping one of God's loved ones and how we can be a blessing to her as well as she be a blessing to us. We ask that you would pray for us on this journey. And we hope to keep everyone updated on this blog. Our first prayer request is for a teaching/sub job for myself. If I was to have a job and we continued to live off Chris' salary--it would make for a good way to pay for this adoption. There is one immediate job opening that I am qualified for, so please pray that I can get an interview and all goes well.
So in a way we are "expecting" and our family is growing in more ways than one. 2011 should be an exciting year! We appreciate our friends & family so much!
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Exciting! There's a new 2 year old Ethiopian girl at the end of our street...and they are going to find her an Ethiopian brother very soon. Hope all goes well with being able to save. I wish it wasn't so expensive to adopt.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for your family. I started to cry, OF COURSE!!! You can not imagine the blessing you are in store for! Pam Wert
ReplyDeleteYAY, YAY, YAY!!!! :) Can't wait to see how God writes this story for your family and your sweet new addition(s)! :) Love that God is the Author of adoption, and I LOVE that He has invited us to show the love-story of adoption in such tangible ways!!! So excited for you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteI am weeping and have goosebumps as if this is the first time I am hearing this news!! We've said it before, but we are SO SO SO excited for you!! Love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you! Praying the job works out for you, that sounds like a great plan for the financial side of things!
ReplyDelete