OK---I had a late night trying to "fix" my blog. Someone at my age should not be up till the wee hours of the morning, but alas I finally think my blog is updated. I wanted to clarify what it means to be "APPROVED" and to let you know what our next steps will be. To be APPROVED basically means Chris & I are good candidates for adoption (we can adopt), and that our agency, Children's Hope International (here in STL) has our back and will help us along the way to become an offical adopting family. It was exciting and surprising to be approved in 2 SHORT days!!! I have provided an Adoption Timeline above so that you can see where we are at and how far we have to go. The next few months will be a lot of document collecting, fundraising, and hopefully getting the home study completed. Once that is completed we will be able to apply for some grants/adoption loans and then reevaluate where we are at.
Some other answers to frequently asked questions: We were able to request gender, and we are requesting a little girl anyhwere under 30 months, but there will be a year difference between Tobe & her (so depending on how fast we get the paperwork done---might affect the age of the referral we will get). We will have to travel to Ethiopia two times....first for the court date, and then 5-6 weeks later to bring her home. ( I am already sure that will be the toughest part, is when 1/4 of our hearts will be left in Ethiopia). We will probably use some part of her Ehtiopian name, whether that means middle name or given name we do not know. However, a nick name or the name we will give her (and the name that my children pray for at this time) will be Chloe [which means "blooming"]. I think where my kids are it is good to give them a tangible name to pray for, rather than some little girl somewhere across the world. We DO NOT have a child matched to us, and that probably won't happen for perhaps a year.....but we are praying for her none the less. (Kind of like when you pray for your child's future mate---when you have no idea who they are). I am happy to answer other questions (IF I have an answer) if you got 'em.
Some other answers to frequently asked questions: We were able to request gender, and we are requesting a little girl anyhwere under 30 months, but there will be a year difference between Tobe & her (so depending on how fast we get the paperwork done---might affect the age of the referral we will get). We will have to travel to Ethiopia two times....first for the court date, and then 5-6 weeks later to bring her home. ( I am already sure that will be the toughest part, is when 1/4 of our hearts will be left in Ethiopia). We will probably use some part of her Ehtiopian name, whether that means middle name or given name we do not know. However, a nick name or the name we will give her (and the name that my children pray for at this time) will be Chloe [which means "blooming"]. I think where my kids are it is good to give them a tangible name to pray for, rather than some little girl somewhere across the world. We DO NOT have a child matched to us, and that probably won't happen for perhaps a year.....but we are praying for her none the less. (Kind of like when you pray for your child's future mate---when you have no idea who they are). I am happy to answer other questions (IF I have an answer) if you got 'em.
Also I didn't get called in for an interview :(. I can only assume that means God has a better job out there for me. Please continue to pray for that matter, I will say that I do want to work in my field (Education)---and may just be a full time substitute....but even that requires some strategic planning with Tobe not in school and Eli only half day.....so it may be focus on the document collecting and then hope for a job in the fall!!!! Thanks for listening to my sentiments.
No comments:
Post a Comment