God's Word:

God's Word:

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings

Followers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Healthy Expectancy

Do you know what the problem is with adopting? :) You have all these other opportunites to find out about others who are adopting and help them fund their adoption and even recieve some of the cutest crafts/jewelry/art that is reminiscent of the country you are adopting from or a verse that is special and relevant. It is really hard to not buy everything you want when you need to be saving yourself. But that is my problem, I am expecting. :) (In a good way....)

All that to say, there is some B-E-E-E-autiful art that I have learned about within the last month and it is hard to pick my favorite. I love what she does with a newspaper and some paint!!! She is adopting a child from Ethiopia (she already has one adopted child and two biological---if I am correct in my readings) and is on the waiting list....she has been waiting for 3 months is having a 3 month waiting giveaway here. Also take some time to look at some of her fantastic art. Obviously, at the present moment, I am not buying any art---but I am trying to win the giveaway and perhaps some day down the road, I can buy some. (I am on a winning streak with some blog giveaways). :)


Adoption is so crazy....It is amazing that there are so many orphans out there (in case you don't know the number=147 MILLION) and yet "the man" makes it so hard to actually adopt. Even when you decide to, there are so many questions/hurdles to overcome. We are in what will be possibly over a year long journey, + or - several months. I remember when Chris shared that he was ready to adopt---something we had been praying about for years---I felt like I was "expecting" without the expecting. I did share with a couple of friends, who definately shared in my excitement. But after reading the above blog.....I have to prepare myself to know and understand that that excitement may dwindle (although I DO have some amazing friends). After all I don't have a baby bump or ultrasound pic to prove it, a due date to look forward to, or an insurance plan to cover it. I figured rather than a 9 month pregnancy I'm in a who knows how long "expectancy" (and I thought 9 months was long!). I had to look up whether or not I made up that word or if it was a real word. Duh! Well of course it is, but more often we think about it in regards to life expectancy rather than a pregnancy. (Side note: the average life expectancy in Ethiopia is 55 yrs). The good news is: God has already taken the ultrasound pic, He know the hairs on her head and when she is to be born, and He has provided me with the greatest insurance policy known to living man. I can expect good things from Him, because He has promised that to me (Jeremiah 29:11). I want to have a healthy expectany while I wait on our baby to be known to us, I want to not disappoint God while I wait. I love the song "Worship While I Wait" (from the Fireproof soundtrack). That is my plan--to worship while I wait. The funny thing is I'm not even close to a waiting list yet....but I am still waiting on all the pieces of the puzzle to fall into place. I know they will.


Some good thoughts to look up on a healthy expectancy:

Lamentations 3:24-25 (Amplified Version)
Psalm 27:14 (King James)
Psalm 5:3 (NIV)
James 1:6-7 (NLT)


Devotional Blog that discusses "lively expectation"


I am excited about this expectancy and I am excited about expecting God to act in the life of our family, here and in Ethiopia. The cool thing about having high & lively expectations with God, He is the only one that won't disappoint!!!

Thanks for listening to my sentiments!

No comments:

Post a Comment