You can check out the Adoption Timeline periodically to see where we are at on our journey. Early March will be our home study visits and once the home study is completed we can officially apply for grants and adoption loans. This is good news as we have had set backs in the financial area. I am still looking for a job (another long term sub position is open right now---that I am praying to get and you can join me in that request :) ). And I guess I never blogged about it, but my Chris had an emergency appedectomy on Jan. 28th. We literally got the bill today and at this point our part is $900. (Chris says $900 isn't too bad to save his life---which I have to agree. :)) He never was really sick and bounced back very quickly, however, that thing could have burst any second and we are grateful that we got it out before things could have been worse (another HUGE praise). Of course, $900 is our next major fee due to Citizenship and Naturalization Services, along with $500 to complete the home study. Please pray that we can get the job & that perhaps we will qualify for payment assistance/scholarship with the hospital.
My best friend and I are working together to put on our first fundraiser. It will be a 5K run/walk and 1 mile fun run (for the kids), tentatively planned for May 7th, the saturday before Mother's Day. So that is exciting--anyone and everyone in the Franklin County area can save the date and participate!!! I am debating on what other events to hold or do in order to raise funds, however none of these ideas can just be pulled off quickly. So that is prayer request #2, for wisdom and such so that people don't easily tire of our fundraisers too soon and that we will know when to or when not to stop.
So....story to warm your heart: Sunday after church, we were eating lunch when Eli (5 yrs) says, "Mom, there are six of us here." I, confused, said "Six? Who are the six people here?" And Eli quickly counts all physically present in our family and then smiles at me and adds "Chloe makes six!" My heart just lept for joy, as I know that I am constantly thinking of her, but to know my Eli knows she is present in our hearts and minds is mindnumbing to me (in a good mindnumbing kind of way).....Even though she isn't physically here, God knows where she physically is and we are all over here praying for her to join us as quickly as God will allow. Meanwhile, below is a pic of our family having fun on an upteen snow day in January. Based on some of the referrels some families have been getting, it is not unrealistic to think by next January our family picture will be different with, all six of us in it.
When Maggie and I lived in Columbia,Mo.for over 4 years,we lived next door to a sweet couple from Kenya.they were such gentle,thoughtful,kind people.I thanked God for that rich experience.I will continue to pray for your adoption and the waiting.I have experience with that! And little Chloe!
ReplyDeleteAmber, this is all wonderful news! How exciting! Please keep me updated on the 5K, I would love to run it. I've done several different races, so let me know if I can help in anyway. I'm sure there is a lot to organizing one. I've helped in a small way with the March for Babies in STL. I also have an 8 week 5K training schedule I put together. I've trained about 10 people with it. If you think there are people out there that would be interested, I'd be happy to share. It might be motivation to get them signed up. =) Again, all wonderful news! I will be praying for you!! God always works things in at the perfect time!
ReplyDelete