Today didn't go as planned. After receiving our fingerprint approval and I-171H Form from USCIS, we (since living so close to our agency) decided we would head downtown for a fun "state certification" day. By the end of the day, my plan was to drop of the complete certified dossier so that it could be sent to D.C. at the end of the week in hopes that next week we would be a waiting family. I was so excited.....
But after having to do some forms, and notarizing more forms while downtown, and then realizing that our birth cerificates had to be state certified and Chris' isn't from the state of Missouri, I got discouraged. We had to send his off to Arkansas. I had read our workbook several times, but this just passed me by. I thought we were certifying the entire thing here in MO and I could have had this sent off during these last 5 weeks while I had been waiting so patiently for the form (haha). I was kind of more mad at myself than anything. So needless to say, we were unable to drop off our dossier at CHI today and Lord willing (if the state of Arkansas is cooperative) then perhaps it will get dropped off next week. But at least we have 22 Missouri state certified documents and that tedious job is completed.
Also, while that job was getting done....our hopes were to eat at an Ethiopian restaraunt. We have not tried any Ethiopian cuisine yet, and thought this to be the perfect opportunity. Except that one wasn't opened during lunch hours, one was very pricey, one had poor reviews and the final one was clear across the city. We chose to go to the one clear across the city, since we had a few hours. Well we put in the address into the handy dandy GPS, and lo and behold there was no such address when we drove all the way there, no building even with that street number. We didn't get to eat at a Ethipian restaraunt! Ugh!!!!
Still other things to be grateful for: 3 different lovely friends each took one of my children home for the afternoon. Had we done all that running around with children, it would have been more miserable. Thank you friends. Also, we have the dossier fees covered with the 5K and 30 mile runs that were on Chloe's behalf. We are hoping to hear about one grant in the near future (so please say an extra prayer that we might get it) that would then be a chunk of our referral fee. People continue to ask how things are going. We are grateful for all the prayers & support of friends and family. I am VERY grateful for my VERY supportive husband. Chris let me vent a little and then encouraged me as well. I am so glad we are on this journey together and that we are not alone....Most of all thanks be to God the author and perfector of our faith and the One who holds the universe. (Love 33 Miles new song!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment