7 Months since being on our wait list. We sit at #41. No referrals in the last 2 months. Actually minus one wonderful month (ok--5 1/2 weeks) from Oct. 31st-Dec 8th there have been no referrals while we have been on the wait list. So all that to say we may have a long line ahead of us......
Well here is the deal....I have just copied and pasted 3 paragraphs from another friend's post. Why reinvent the wheel? :)
Well here is the deal....I have just copied and pasted 3 paragraphs from another friend's post. Why reinvent the wheel? :)
"When we signed on last January things were moving smoothly and relatively quickly with adoptions in Ethiopia. In the past year things have changed in nearly every part of the process. Things are not moving smoothly or quickly at this point and we are uncertain what the future holds (aren't we alway though?) There are MANY children and babies in Ethiopia who need loving homes. I believe there are many people at work both here in the United States and there in Ethiopia who want to see that happen and happen the right way. But being in the middle of the process while changes are made and bugs attempted to be worked out just isn't pleasant.
We know God was in our decision to choose this country and even this agency. So, we will wait... and trust.
I am thankful for the reminder that our trust is not in a timeframe, an agency, a process, a government, or even our own plans. Our trust can only reside in God, who is both loving and all-powerful to work His purposes."
Amen! Thanks Stephanie. The truth of the matter was that when we started in January we were seeing 6-7 month waits....meaning I could have/should have already had "the call" by now, especially for a toddler. But coulda's, shoulda's, and woulda's don't work in here in adoption land. My dear friend who got her referral in November waited 10 months and "shoulda" had a court date by now....here she sits waiting another 3 months before even getting to meet her little guy (and at least 3 other adoptive moms).
I think I am doing pretty good with the wait. People from church continue to ask how things are going and my response is "slowly". But ask me in 3 more months and it might be a different story. There are some sweet families that have been waiting (in Ethiopia program) for 15-16 months for a single girl. I actually appreciate the questions, because that means they haven't forgotten this journey we are in.....Lord knows there is not a day (or hour?) that goes by that we don't think about it.
Even this morning, Eden ran in to ask Tobe, "Do you know what tomorrow is?" His reply? "Chloe's coming home?" Awww. Eden chuckled and then said, "No it's your birthday!" He was thinking of her coming home over his own 4 year old birthday. Man do I love my kids. I sure do hope she comes home while he is 4. It may just break his 4 year old heart.
Stay tuned....because tonight a winner to the coffee quilt raffle will be drawn!
I don't think I've ever been quoted in a blog post before. :)
ReplyDeletePraying for you today and for all the others who wait!