God's Word:

God's Word:

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings

Followers

Saturday, December 1, 2012

25 Days of My Favorite Christmas Music - Day 1

Hey everyone!  This is Chris, the not as eloquent writer of the family.  If you know me, you know I love music.  Lots of folks did the month long list of things they were thankful for in November.  I thought I would write about my top 25 Christmas songs.  I am only going through 25th, because honestly by then, I'm done with hearing the same songs over and over again.  I know, quite a Scrooge thing to say, but true.  That said, I do like Christmas music.  So if you care to know what my favorite Christmas songs are and why they are a favorite, come back each day through Christmas Day.  So, without further ado.....

DAY 1

This is QUITE funny that I would pick a song by this artist.  Amy Grant is not someone I would choose to listen to on a normal day.  My wife grew up listening to her and was her first exposure to Christian/Church music.  My sister-in-law loves listening to her too.  But something happens during Christmas time.  I really enjoy some Amy Grant Christmas music.  It is classy, smooth, excellent, and just 'feels' like Christmas. 
I like this song because of my own constant struggle to simplify life.  I don't do well when life is moving 100mph.  I need margin and times of intentional slowing down.  That is why I love this song and I think a great way to kick December off.  Take time to slow down, spend time with family, spend time in prayer and Bible reading, and remember why we celebrate Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment