God's Word:

God's Word:

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings

Followers

Sunday, March 31, 2013

March Madness according to the Strickland's

March was a busy month in our household......
Chris' bracket is falling apart and I'm  not holding out for a big win there---
(other than that  there is nothing about basketball in this post (sorry))
 
March 17th---Eden Dawn turned 10 years old!!! Can you even believe it?
She got her big girl Bible and some yummy Los Cabos on her bday
 as well as a 9 other crazy girls at our house for a sleepover (on the 15th).
   I'm on the Board of Directors for Hannah's Refuge---a non-profit long term safe house for women and children.  We held our first trivia night and it was a huge success....but with a late night (Eden helped sell bake goods) here and the night before---I began to be sleep deprived.  :)  For more information on Hannah's Refuge go HERE.
 
March 24th  Palm Sunday, Winter Storm Virgil came by and dropped the biggest snow fall in years to the STL (10+ inches)---so it was a snow day for us. Sunday church was cancelled and then no school on Monday.  (Welcome Spring???)  We opted for mini-snow people rather than one big snowman. 

March 26th--Chris and I celebrated 14 years of marriage.  I love the man more every year.  He is so good for me and to me (and our growing family)
 
Speaking of growing family.....March 28th there was a referral (Big Woohoo right here!) which made our new number #15.  Even more exciting than that, were hints that we might be higher up the list for a toddler than we thought.  Bottom line:  Any day, week, or month is still an option to see her face.  (Others have made it to month 26 and we will be 21 months waiting in 1 week!)
 

March 31st---He IS Risen!!!  Celebrated Resurrection Sunday at FCC.  I love my family and our church family.  Do pray that Eden will fit this dress made by my friend Cynthia Frame because we have a matching outfit for Chloe. :/ (Insert Wes King's song:  "We Thought You'd Be Here By Now")

My kids make me smile!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment