God's Word:

God's Word:

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings

Followers

Saturday, April 7, 2012

9 months and.......still stretching (& a Giveaway!)

Eden came 9 months + 2days.  Eli came at exactly 9 months.  Tobe joined us1 week shy of 9 months.  Chloe???  Well maybe she is stubborn (isn't that what we say when they cook longer than we want them to?).  Maybe she is not even an orphan yet.  Maybe she is.  All I know is that we have been waiting and praying for 9 long months.....and right now my specific prayer is that we don't have to wait 9 more!  I am one of those lucky moms that made it through three pregnancies without any stretchmarks.  Quite ironic that the stretching would occur in the "paper-pregnancy" and on the 4th child we bring into our home.  I am definately having lots of stretchmarks this time around.  So this month our number (#38) stays the same.  :(

The families at the top of our wait list for a single child have been waiting 17-18 months at this point.  Surely there day is approaching.  This week?  This month?  The last single child referrals were all boys in Nov. & Dec. and they had only waited between 9-10 months!  Actually it was a year ago (March 2011) that the major slow down occurred, which limited the number of cases the court would see each day.  Couple that with stricter requirements (which is a VERY good thing) to prove orphan status, and you have multiple reasons for our "longer than we thought" wait.  Honestly, when we first started I was sure we could be referred a toddler within 4 months, and even most infant referrals had occurred between 6-7.  Also, girls are being referred less than boys right now.  I can't be 100%, but there is an unofficial wait list and I believe #1-16 are either waiting on girls or siblings. 

Friends, it is getting tougher.  There are other situations that break our heart.  There is poverty, broken families, and evil.  We want to adopt a child who truly needs adopting.  I know God has the right little girl for our family to help watch her blossom into His creation and into the gift that she is.  But please pray against the evil schemes of Satan, that we might be matched with a girl who needs a forever family, and for all those that are in this process.....some opening their hearts and homes and being vulnerable to being hurt by the system or lack there of.  Ethiopia is a beautiful nation, with beautiful people that needs a lot of beautiful and bold prayers lifted up.  Would you join us?  And pray for us as we continually are being stretched in many different ways. 


Speaking of stretching.....it is time for our giveaway.  Besides being one of my best friends and perhaps the most excited about Chloe coming home besides Chris & I is my friend Missy.  She ran 30 miles for Chloe last year and raised over $2000 just by doing so, she gifted Chloe a book "God Found Us You" (a special book about adoption) very early in our adoption process, and I know that her and her entire beautiful family are prayer warriors on Chloe's behalf.....Well besides being a personal trainer, she also sales Skinny Wraps.  These are detox wraps that tighten, tone, & firm any trouble area.  They also have products like Stretch Mark & Moisturizing Cream which "packs a powerful combo of botanicals to help restore the skin's youthful glow, while balancing skin tone to minimize the appearance of stretch marks and other skin scarring."   So if you have those bad stretch marks, then maybe this is the product for you. 

So if you have always wanted to try a wrap without having to buy one.....here is your chance!  Missy & I are giving away ONE body wrap.  You can read up on them and other products here: https://melissagerdel.myitworks.com/Home

Cover Photo

3 ways to enter: 1) Leave a comment about how or what area in life you are being stretched.
                   2)  Become a follower of my blog and leave a separate comment that you did so.
            3) Share the blog & giveaway on facebook and leave a separate comment that you did so.

I will randomly select a winner on April 15th at 9:00 PM.  Chris & I, along with Missy & Andrew, Cassie & Eric, and Dana & Seth will be running a couple's marathon that morning (ok--marathon relay) ---so maybe by that time I can post the winner and highlights from race day!

22 comments:

  1. Holy cow, girl! I pray all goes faster than what you hope it will! I've so been stretched this whole last year. Dealing with the church stuff as you know. I wish I could be more specific but on here I don't feel like I can. Anyway, prayers are always wanted. Good news on the horizon though. Our kids are finding out tonight. :0 Love you so much and praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shared your blog on my facebook! Melissa Lang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I got here just in time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I LOVE the Africa sonogram picture. Praying things go quickly and smoothly so you can bring sweet Chloe home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a subscriber. I'm so excited for you guys and hoping Chloe comes home SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amber--
    Hopefully you will be bringing your little girl home soon. It has been a long journey for you and family. I love reading your blogs. We all have stret h marks from past and present situations. As long as we keep our heads high and follow the almighty, those stretch marks can fade!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you guys as you wait for Chloe. We are settling in as a family with 4 kids - that last pregnancy sure did 'stretch' me in SO many ways! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to handle being a mom of 4 and went through some time of real worry and doubt of myself and it stretched all of us out of a comfort zone we were in. We are all madly in love with our new little guy though and are SO happy to be a family of 6. God works in great ways to teach us things!! Now I just need to get my body back after stretching it for all those months!!! Can't wait to see your complete family of 6!!!!
    Becky McDuffie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time I check into your blog I see how much closer you are to bringing home your little girl. I can't wait til your family is blessed with her, you are such a good mom and adding Chloe to your family will only make u a better one! As of right now I am being stretched at work. Things are uncertain and concern is starting to creep its way in, but I know everything will work out for the best (it always does. This stretching will pull me out of my comfort zone and that there is fear in itself. But I can't wait for your family to make 6, you guys are the greatest..
    Melanie Earney

    ReplyDelete
  9. The past 2 years have been a stretch as I learn how to parent girls and navigate the waters of grief with our Ethiopian Princess. But thankfully, these stretch marks are more beautiful than the ones I got from my biological kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh - and I follow and shared your blog!!! :)
    -Becky McDuffie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shared on FB and am happy to do so!
    Love you guys,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been very patient! God is giving you all this time to grow and make you the perfect family for this precious lucky child. She will see how precious she has been to you, even if she wasnt here.
    I have been stretched and pulled in so many ways, I cant begin to describe. God has blessed us with Gs strength in enduring so much in her life and taking it like its nothing! He has also blessed us with E, who has taken a back seat to her to so many with all her 'admirers'....he has such a humble heart.
    Currently, we are being stretched in our finances to the point of bankrupcy, our marriage feels so empty, my health problems have me barely able to take a shower most days...I ignored my feelings and myself for close to 10 yrs and now my body has turned on me.
    We have never asked God why. We have always known it is His plan...Im just not sure why I am not able to enjoy my family now that G is 'maintaining' her health and things have slowed down. I dont understand why we were so faithful during the hardest 10 yrs...and now we are broken in every sense of the word.
    Anyway, here is my entry...We pray God blesses your family and brings you together very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot imagine going through the steps to adoption without Faith, without knowing that God is in control and is bringing your little one to you. Amber, you have shown such trust in Him. Someday (praying it to be soon) you will get word, and so many people will be rejoicing with you. Looking forward to that day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sharing it on fb! praying for a smooth and timely reunion-

    ReplyDelete
  15. Right now we are reading Forgotten God. So I am being stretched to allow the Holy Spirit to work in my life. Love the book so far!!

    Love your blog,
    Amanda S.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I finally officially started following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hoping you get to bring chloe home soon. I am now a follower.....and shared on fb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been following your blog for some time now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I probably felt more stretched (literally) than ever in the past year as I anticipated the birth of our beautiful daughter at the age of 42.

    Currently, I am being stretched because God is speaking to me about the need to take more risks, to really exercise my faith and not just say that I have faith. I know that God will provide for us financially in what he calls us to.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also just shared the blog link on my Facebook.

    Love you guys! Can't wait to hear about how the marathon relay went this morning!

    ReplyDelete