God's Word:

God's Word:

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings

Blog Archive

Followers

Saturday, October 29, 2011

31 Days: Day 29


Well since most of our kids are going to be hyped up on extra candy the next few days and due to the fact that I have pretty much only spoken about self-discipline or the lack there of.....I thought we would take a different approach to the term tonight and focus on administering discipline to our beloved children.  Are you consistent?  I know I am NOT and it is a struggle then for the discipline strategies to work properly.  What has helped you be consistent if you are?  Do you have any great ideas of strategies that are mom-tested and kid-worked?  If so, please share.

Like I said, I am no where near consistent.  But I do have a fun tool that I have sitting and waiting to be used.  It is actually sad b/c I have probably owned these items for over a year and have yet to implement them.  They are from Doorposts and they are two different behavior charts: The "If-Then" Chart and The Blessing Chart.  The "If-Then" chart of course has unwanted behaviors listed, a scripture that speaks to that unwanted behavior, and a column for possible consequences that you can collaborate on together with your child or write in your own.  The Blessing Chart has positive character traits/behaviors that we want to see our children develop, scriptures that speak to these behaviors, and a column to write in your own rewards/privileges.  OK---so the best thing about these charts is the immediate scripture listed right there that addresses the specific behavior.  I'm just wondering why I haven't started using these yet?  I think it is b/c I have never laminated them.  :)

So what is your favorite tool for Godly discipline?  Share with us.  We need all the help we can get.....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment