God's Word:

God's Word:

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings

Blog Archive

Followers

Thursday, October 6, 2011

31 Days: Day 6.

When does one know they are "disciplined"? I am not 100% sure of this answer. However, in my First Place reading today, I read about striving for internal accountability (ironically I was reading about Emotional Eating while drinking my Free Route 44 Dr. Pepper w/ lemon because I was tired and "felt" like I needed it).

Anyways I had never heard the term "internal accountability". The book stated "as you make the changes for which you have sought accountability, you will begin to develop the ability to process decisions and avoid temptations on your own. There will come a time when your internal accountability system includes prayer, relying on God for direction, commitment to folloiwng Him and His Word, and the ability to hold yourself accountable. Once you do this on a consistent basis, you probably won't need external accountability and can release your partners from their responsibility."

I am trying to remember when I have became internally accountable in something--anything. I guess mundane things like brushing your teeth, or going to work, etc. causes one to be internally accountable. But even to be accountable to work, I must use an external tool like an alarm clock. Unless you are Kramer, and have an "internal alarm clock". But that's a whole 'nother story.

So what areas are you internally accountable or disciplined in? I honestly am still trying to be internally accountable in many areas: my bible study, my prayer life, my exercise, my eating habits, and the list goes on.

And how long if any did it take you to go from accountability partners/trainer/mentor/peer/nutritionist to being internally accountable?

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment