God's Word:

God's Word:

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings

Blog Archive

Followers

Sunday, October 9, 2011

31 Days of Discipline: Day 10

Well it is actually still Sunday (Day 9) but tomorrow I am going to practice the discipline of fasting. Now I know normally you aren't suppose to broadcast the fact that you are fasting, but I share this for two reasons: 1) our entire church was asked to fast following our 30 days of life.hope. and purpose. and pray for our church and community. 2) Because of my new job and some blood sugar issues at times, I have decided to fast from electronics tomorrow. Did you realize that food was not the only thing someone could fast from? I am addicted to facebook, email, and Prison Break at this moment....so it should be a good fast tomorrow evening and a great time of prayer. I will rejoin you on Day 11. I am definitely not disciplined in fasting, but it is a discipline I am making more of an effort to do when a major need arises and it surprised me the last time I did a 3-day fast, how God sustained me through it. Why I should be surprised of God's strength I have no clue, but it was a major learning experience. This coming from a girl who previously was excited that she was pregnant, so she didn't have to miss one meal at CIY as a youth coach. Needless to say, I know now that in any discipline if you ask God to see you through it and invite Him there with you, you will have more power to do what you never thought you could do. Have you practiced the discipline of fasting?

No comments:

Post a Comment