God's Word:

God's Word:

Count Your Blessings

Count Your Blessings

Blog Archive

Followers

Saturday, October 8, 2011

31 Days: Day 8/Laundry, Lack of Discipline, and a Giveaway!

**** OUR FIRST GIVEAWAY ****

So I missed Day 7's blog. Had a football game to attend to watch my Eden Dawn dance in the pre-game and then my hubby and I went and watched Courageous. It was a great evening. It also marked our 3 month waiting-t0- adoptiversary. We will probably be waiting for several months----so brace yourself. But meanwhile I am thinking about doing giveaways from here on out. I have to be disciplined enough to get them together. :)

Speaking of discipline---one of the areas where I am least disciplined is laundry and reading. I use to love to read, and I really want to....but as a young mom, I find myself so tired and I give up and fall asleep. But I do read online.....so although I have not read the book in the giveaway out of the spin cycle, I have read the author's blog (www.jenhatmaker.com)and simply LOVE her writing. She tells you like it is and loves God and His people and is funny, at the same time pierces the heart. I highly recommend you follow her. Her most recent post Fake Family even discusses her laundry, which seemed apropos given the current giveaway items. The friends of mine who have read this book all love it. I haven't heart a bad thing about it. The back says "Hatmaker takes the words and deeds of Jeus, adds the humor of a young mom's life, and offers messages of grace and encouragement. Covering areas such as worry, marriage, priorities, money, and the comparison trap, this dynamic Bible teacher brings Jesus's message alive in short, to the point devotionals for your busy life. This is a devotional for you--the woman inside the mom--the Bible student, the learner, the world changer. So put aside that to-do list for a moment and discover the ways Jesus can lighten your mother load." I also just recieved a copy of the book so perhaps the winner can keep me accountable/disciplined enough to read the whole thing. :)

Oh, did I mention she is an adoptive mom? Her family just welcomed home two beautiful children from Ethiopia and do they have a testimony about it. My hubby and one of my BFF's hubby's laugh at us because we act like Jen Hatmaker is one our best friends. We are friends on Facebook---doesn't that make us BFF's? Anyways, us moms have got to stick together to encourage one another, whether it is disciplining our child, our own self-discipline, our bible accountability, discipling our children, or our laundry, whatever the reason. This is true whether we have adopted children or biological (OR both).

Back to the laundry.....with the book, I am throwing in a Cotton Laundry Bag (22" x 34"). It is a draw cord laundry bag w/ laundry instructions on the front. Perfect for traveling, camping or a child about to head away for college, so they are sure to bring home their laundry for you to do, mom, or a holiday gift.

To win this small, but first and delightful giveaway: #1 please leave a comment (ON THE BLOG) about the area you feel least disciplined in (that way I can be encouraged-lol) or what is your amazing system that keeps you disciplined in the area of laundry. #2 Become a follower of Strickland Sentiments and comment below that you did so. #3 Share this post/our blog on facebook, or any other spot that seems cool and leave an additional comment for each entry. We will draw randomly on Thursday evening 11:00 (right after we return from our Steven Curtis Chapman/Show Hope concert!!!)

Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

  1. Least disciplined area...hmm...only one?! Pretty sure I can't narrow it down to just one. SO, I'll share the ephinany I had about a laundry schedule just yesterday {while trying not to cry over the 7 loads I was doing}. Tuesdays, darks; Thursdays, whites; Fridays, delicates {easily the biggest portion in case it bleeds into the weekend!} We'll see how disciplined I can be on it!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Strickland Sentimentalist!;)

    ReplyDelete